Tuesday, July 20, 2010

6 MONTHS!!!! EEK!!!!

Six months ago from this very minute, I believe I was bawling my eyes out because I was delirious from having only about 3 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period....and I felt like a horrible kitty mama for leaving Desi alone all day in a strange place right after traumatizing her by flying her across the country. That moment was not a sign of things to come. In the last 6 months, I have had a ton of wonderful experiences, shared with some wonderful new friends which just makes all of those moment that much more unforgettable. I'm living out a dream...


Funny thing happened today which I think is a wonderful way to mark my 6 months. See....I have a few songs that I call my 'California songs'. They're songs that would always remind me of Cali and for some strange reason, anytime in the two years that I saved up to get here that I would feel down or doubt that I would ever make it out here, I'd get in the car and one of those songs would come on the radio. Well....today a friend of mine and I were laying on the beach. I had put Pandora on my phone so we were just chilling by the ocean and listening to some good tunes. Right as I was thinking about how I've been living here for 6 months 'Free Falling' by Tom Petty came on Pandora. This was my mother of all California songs! It was just a wonderful way to celebrate the day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment