Friday, July 9, 2010

Fun Fun Fun

So....I've been super busy trying to work as much as I can because June was not the greatest tipping month....and of course the worst two weeks were right after I bought a nice fancy new phone. Te he he. But, it's all good!

A few weeks ago, I got a text message from my cousin Joann saying that her friend's daughter was going to be at LAX for a 23 hour layover one night. She was on her way back from studying abroad in New Zealand. She asked if I would show her around town. I had the night off so I said that I would. I called the girl....Jennifer....when I was finished with my lunch shift and the poor girl was going to just hang out at LAX until her flight the next morning....she didn't have a hotel or anything. So, I told her that she could crash at my place. So, I went to pick her up (which took longer than we though it would....te he he....it might have helped if we knew what eachother looked like or either of us were familiar with LAX...te he he). Anyway, so we just went back to my place to freshen up and then I took her to the Hollywood and Highland area. This is the area with the Kodak Theatre and Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. So we walked around there for a bit....not realizing that it was the day before the anniversary of Michael Jackson's death. It was fine for a while, but then I guess there was a meeting time for a candle light vigil at his star....which is right outside of Grauman's. It got a little crowded. After that area, we went to the Observatory....it was a super cool view at night. It was funny because she said 'it looks like the city is sparkling.' I laughed and said 'yeah....that's exhaust....but it is pretty'....te he he. It was very chilly up on that hill, so we didn't stay too long. Just took in the view and took some pictures and left. We were both getting hungry....and it was around 10pm....well passed my dinner time...te he he. So....I took her to a restaurant that I had heard about before, but never went to. Now, I'm not going to mention on here what the significance of this restaurant is because I do plan on springing it on some unsuspecting visitors when y'all come to visit. If you are incredibly curious, email me and I may tell you what it is about this place. Some of you, I will not tell and wait until you get out here....te he he! :)

Other than that, it's just been kind of boring. I haven't really been going out much because I'm saving money. But hopefully in the next couple of weeks, my playing catch up will be over and I can go have fun! :) Although I have been busy watching the World Cup. Go Netherlands in the final! Although I'm cool with either team to win. New winners! :)

I did figure out what I'm doing for my birthday!! Well....I think on the day off my birthday, I will hopefully be going to a taping of the Ellen Degeneres Show! I'm just going to put in a request for 2 tickets as soon as I can and I'll take whoever I can with me! BUT....3 days after my birthday is a Mud Run 5K in Malibu. It's a trail run with obstacles and a mud pit at the end! I've always wanted to do a mud run so I'm hopefully getting a big group of people to do it with me and then we'll go back to my place for lunch...maybe games....maybe movie marathon....maybe beach! I don't know....but I'm super excited. I hope a lot of people want to do it! I already know of about 5 people who are totally interested! :)

Well...that's about it! I'll try to keep up as much as I can...but honestly, it's been pretty boring here....te he he!

No comments:

Post a Comment