Friday, March 12, 2010

LALALAND - Where dreams come true.....


Oh, that's only part of the dream coming true. More on that later though. First, as promised, I'll post some pictures that I took at the Kodak Theatre before and after the Oscars.


Setting up the red carpet!


Standing in front of entrance!!


If you don't know, the Kodak Theatre is basically a mall....but for award shows, they have to make it look pretty....so they cover up the store fronts with hedges.


The red carpet all covers up before anyone can walk on it!


Nice butt Oscar!


The day after...


The biggest curtain I've ever seen!


The red carpet after all of the stars walked on it!

I also want to post some unrelated pictures too. The first is of Jim Henson's Studio which is a couple blocks from my apt. So cute! Next is a cute picture of Desilu next to my I Love Lucy box set and she's making the same face as Lucille Ball.


And now......

That's right everyone! I got to see Adventures in Babysitting on the big screen! It was actually at the New Beverly which is owned by Quentin Tarantino. For those of you who don't know...this was my absolute favorite movie growing up. For years, I thought my family hated it, but it turns out that I just made them sick of it. There were a few times where I watched the movie 3-4 times in one day. I LOVED this movie....still love it!

Anyway, it was playing at the theatre as a double feature with Toy Soldiers. I also loved Toy Soldiers growing up because my top 3 crushes at the time that the movie came out were Sean Astin, Wil Wheaton and of course Keith Coogan (who is also in Adventures in Babysitting). For those of you who knew me at that age, you probably remember that I had a huge list of "boyfriends." Well, Keith Coogan topped that list. I was in love with him. Behold.....



That's right....Keith Coogan made an appearance at the screenings and did a Q&A and I met him. I was shocked at how nervous I was to meet him. I don't get very star struck anymore, but I really couldn't talk to him at all. I acted like a total idiot....but I loved it so much!

Well, meeting Keith Coogan was a big childhood dream of mine so LA is definitely the place where dreams come true! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment