Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's been too long.....

Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I've been so busy with work lately so I haven't really had a chance. Let's see, I believe the last time I posted was right before St. Patty's.

On St. Patty's I had the great fortune to go to a karaoke bar. This was fantastic! Drea and I got everyone up and dancing for "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5. Then we did Bohemian Rhapsody with our friend Allyssa and it was the hit of the night! It was so much fun!!!

I don't remember what I did that weekend....probably just worked through it! Later on that week, I went to another Farmer's Market at Fairfax. Thi is right by a trendy shopping place called The Grove and apparently it's the go-to place for seeing famous people as well. Right away we saw Jeff Garlen from Curb Your Enthusiasm. And then I saw the guy from Dumb and Dumber outside the phone booth that says 'Get off the phone!'. It took me forever to figure out what I knew him from and as I was trying to figure it out, Jeff Garlen went up to him to say hi. I thought that was kind of funny. Just shows that Hollywood is a small town.....or I should say successful Hollywood is a small town!

On Friday, I got to go to Paramoutn Studios for a free screen on How to Train Your Dragon. One of Drea's friends works on Paramount and got us free tickets!Now I had only ever been on Fox before, but I've gotta say that this studio was adorable. It's gotta have more personality than most I would think. It was exactly what you imagine when you think of studios in the 50s or 60s. So freaking cute. The theatre itself was I think the biggest movie theatre I had every been in. And although we saw a 2D version of the movie, the screen was one of the best quality that I've ever seen. The theatre on the lots is where they do cast and crew screenings and also screenings for executives so they've gotta be the best! The movie was adorable! I've heard great things about the 3D version too so I would highly recommend it. It's one that kids and adults can both enjoy so if you have small kids that want to see it, you won't be bored to death! By the way, the personality of the main dragon is so modeled after my cat. Drea and I were losing it at some point because we were both thinking 'that's Desilu!!!'

This Sunday I traveled to San Diego for the day. My cousin Robin and her family were down there for her son, Stephen's, crew race. I made a wrong turn on the way and cut it way too close. I parked and the shuttle over to the racing area had just filled up so I ran across the bridge to make it there and Robin met me and we walked back just as the race started! Crazy. Stephen's team finished 5th out of 6 unfortunately....but it was so much fun to watch. After the race and going to see Stephen....Robin, Katie, Steve, and I went back to their hotel and just hung around by their pool all day! It was so much fun!

After pool time, I went over to Laura's apartment. We ended up going to Seaport Village which is adorable!!!!! It is right by the Bay and it's just a bunch of shops and restaurants, but it was so nice to be there! The shops were all specialty shops. I went into a vintage shop and bought some I Love Lucy coasters for our living room. I felt it was appropriate considering our cat's name! :) After we ate and walked around a bit, we just went back to Laura's and watched the end of Titanic....te he he. Then I made the long drive back home.

I did take some pictures of my apartment, but I think I'm going to hold off on posting them because we actually started to hang up pictures and stuff already so I'll wait until it's a bit decorated to show them to you. They will come soon though....I promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment