Sunday, January 17, 2010

And so we begin...

WOW! So, I've been saying it for so long and I've finally done it. I have created a blog! With good reason to. I will be leaving for my new home in Los Angeles, CA in TWO DAYS!!!! I can't believe it's already here. I say that like it just snuck up on me, but this has been the plan for quite some time. I think that might be why it feels like it snuck up on me. I've been waiting so long, it almost felt like it wasn't going to happen! But, it is! AHHHH!

So, last night I had my 'going out to the bar' party. There was a decent turn out. I'm almost kind of glad that I drank so it didn't really sink in that I was saying goodbye to people that I love very much!

Today was the open house that my Mom threw for me and it was a little hard because I actually had to realize that I was saying goodbye to all of these people. I was so glad that so many people came out today. It was so great!

So, on the agenda for tomorrow is taking Desilu to the vet to make sure she is healthy enough to fly....then lunch with Lindsey and Mama....then the dreadful packing. At least I'm really starting to see a dent in the stuff in my room.

On another note....tonight was the Golden Globes. I love award show season! And I'm so excited because I will be in LA during the Oscars! The Oscars are my Super Bowl. I really get into them and always have a hard time finding others that get that into it! I don't think I'll have a problem with that! So here are my two cents on the night. First of all....GO GLEE!!!! I'm so freaking proud of that show! I love that Michael C Hall won. Six Feet Under is one of my absolute favorite shows and I always loved him as David.....and yet he was always overshadowed in that show because it was a freaking phenomenal cast!!! Okay...moving on. Meryl Streep is flawless and always deserves any praise and/or awards she wins! Love her! Congratulations to Sandra Bullock. She's always been one of my favorites and I love that she is having the best time of her career right now. Robert Downey Jr. has a very special place in my heart. His acceptance speech was great and funny and so RDJ. I could not love him more! I also love that Kevin Bacon won an award. I think he's a great actor and just had a knack for choosing really bad roles for a while...but he's back on track. Okay...best picture. So, the Hollywood Foreign Press loves James Cameron, so I knew that Avatar would win. I don't think it'll take home the Oscar though. I really think that it will be one of the smaller flicks like Precious or The Hurt Locker....or mayhaps Quentin Tarentino will finally get the praise he deserves and win Best Picture. That's just how I think it'll work out.

So, all in all it was a good couple of days. I'll be sure to write to keep anyone who is reading posted on final preparations and all of my adventures from LA! :)

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment